What we're doing now

 It's been a minute, right? We didn't say that when I wrote that last post, but now we do, and language is catchy (like other things) so, it's been a minute.

Meanwhile. We're going to do something over here. It's a bit different than the last thing we did, but I'm glad we did that together. (In case you forgot: have a baby and get through some grief after losing my mother.) This time we're going to Accomplish Something In The Kitchen. I'm cooking for than ever - mostly lunch as I come home to check in on the Larson Babies. It's (usually) wholesome, nutritious, and a bit rushed (like this photo), but remarkable in its small way. I like coming home at lunch time - it's a good pause to collect oneself in the middle of a day full of meetings.

chicken soup and sandwiches for the larson babies

We're finding our way through a world that's fundamentally different. And that's fine (except where it's not and I hope you're finding help where you need it) but I'm aching for direction, fundamentals, and accomplishment. So over here on our little space we're going to cook through Salt Fat Acid Heat. Because the author is clever, it's about the basics, the illustrations are beautiful, and I like it. I mean, really, it's because I like it, but the other reasons are good, too.

I made us a little sheet with more details. We'll see how we do. Doubtless things will get in the way and it will take longer than we expect. We'll start off with intention, and a plan, which is half the battle, right?

Come along with me, it'll (probably) be fun. 

xo-

c.

Comments

Unknown said…
I'll be your first commenter and do a little dance in anticipationšŸ’ƒ
How will this work? Do I need to purchase the nook too?
cindy said…
if you'd like to cook through the book, i suggest you purchase the book. while the ingredient list of recipes is not protected by copyright, the author's instructions and details are. it seems to me that the very point of this book is the instructions.

if you're wanting a cost free approach, you could cook through the netflix show.the recipes are posted here: https://www.saltfatacidheat.com/cook-the-recipes