How are we doing this?

So how are we going to do this? The way I see it, there's some different types out there:

1. I just want to be with these people while they do this thing.
That's cool. We're glad you're here.

2. I want to do some of this, but not all of it.
Also great. Just do what you want, but tell us about it, ok?

3. I just want to do what you tell me to do.
I get you. It's HARD to be in charge all the damned time.

4. You're not the boss of me but sure, I'll do this thing with you but Imma do it my own way.
Yeah, me too. Excepting I started this so it is my own way. (But there's that bit about needing a pal, so thanks, Patty.)

5. I don't want another book. I'll never make all that stuff anyway.
Dude, I know. It's another THING in your house. So just go check out the website and make those recipes, but tell us about it, ok?

6. How about I just watch the show?
Good idea. It's on Netflix. I should probably watch it again.

Phew. Hopefully you're one of those up there. If not, that's cool, just tell me about down there in the comments. 

So how's this gonna go? We're not quite sure, but here's what we're thinking:

1. I made a Google Sheet index of the recipes in the book. (Librarian, remember?)
This will help us make sure we make all the recipes. You can make a copy of this sheet and track along on your own. Delete anything that's not useful to you. Or just ignore the sheet and do what you want. 

2. We're going to start with salt, because it's first. 
I made the garlicky green beans (page 261) last night and I'm going to write up a little post about it if I ever finish this post. Then I'm going to tell you what Patty is going to make. This will give you time to get ready for what she's making or pick something else. But she's going to make something and then tell you what I'm going to make. And we'll pass it off like that.

3. We're going to read the front part of the book. I think you should. Reading is a good thing. So go ahead and start reading the salt part now. You're prolly going to be thirsty, so have a drink handy.

4. We might figure out some video meetings or Facebook live events. We haven't decided yet. It depends on the lighting in our kitchens. But we'll see. 

the kitchen, from the outside



Ok, what questions do you have? I might not know the answer yet, but we'll figure it out together. It'll be fun, really....

xo-

c.

ps- the typos. you have to tell me about them so I fix them. Looking at you here, Sarah and Mary.

Comments

Kryskara said…
Thanks for setting this up! How would you like us to share what we’re doing? On the Facebook group? Comments here?

I’d love to join in for a cook-a-long night if that’s something you guys are considering. Seems like that might be a lot of fun!
cindy said…
we are considering a cook-along night!

on sharing - any which way you like. we have some people who wanted to join the fun who aren't facebookers, so we have the blog going to allow that to happen.

we're also open to ideas for sharing, contributing, and more, so spill!