Avocado Salad Matrix: Page 217

 I don't often cook for one. I mean even before I was cooking all the live long day and thanking my ever last lucky star for my dishwasher. I'm not the worst person to be quarantined with, at least from a culinary perspective. All the rest, well, it's debatable as to whether you want to be at home with a Type A Enneagram Type 7 ENTJ for any longer than, say, 15 minutes. But anyway. I rarely cook for one. And I'm really quite a joy to have around. Ahem.

Back to cooking for two, though. I think about how soon this will be the norm and find it equal parts fantasy and horrific reality. These Larson Babies of ours are turning into giants and becoming Real People that I still see as tiny babies. When things slip too deeply dark on that little sliding scale, I comfort myself with the thought that expensive things are cheaper when you're feeding two instead of four. So this brings us to Avocado Salad Matrix (a matrix! for a salad! see, you can make friends with salad!) which I also think is the magical bridge between fat and salt. And isn't it time we get to that fat chapter? 

Ok, so let's do this. It's going to be so tidy! And organized! I love it already. Look at the matrix and pick your ingredients. I chose citrus because it all looked so pretty. You can make the any-other-citrus vinaigrette (page 244) slow roasted salmon (page 310) to go with, or not. But you should really make it. You'll have plenty of time to drink some wine while you prep up your salad ingredients. Since you're cooking for one, you won't even have to share the wine. Nobody told me about this part of cooking for one, so you can thank me right now. (Because tomorrow you with the headache will NOT thank me, but we're not talking about him/her/them right now so shhhhh.) 

There's just one more confession here for you before I tell you about what's coming next. On top of all of that extroverted excited achieving energy I walk around with all the live long day, I'm also a text based learner. I just want to read it. I was initially drawn to the recipe by that cute little matrix. But I stayed because our illustrator shows us how to plate this lovely little salad (for one or seven or seventeen or seventy) with the pictures. And I stayed here for the pictures. Proving that we can all learn and grow, thanks to salad. 

xo-

c.

ps - Kerry! She's new here, and we did not even know she was coming. But we are so glad, because she inspired us to set the rules as we go along AND to make Pasta al Ragu (page 297). Do you think we could talk Angela into writing up her Pasta with Broccoli and Bread Crumbs (page 295)?

pps - have you read the fat chapter yet? And yeah, I just wanted to say 'fat chapter' again. It's heavenly every which way, right?

Comments