Important milestones

We're very excited when we realize Harry can do something new on his own. Often, we have to make slight adjustments to enable this independence -- such as, let him keep his toothbrush and special boy toothpaste on the sink so he can brush on his own, or relocate all his cups to the plastic drawer and put milk in a special boy pouring container so he can help himself. It disrupts a little, but is good for him and good for us.

For a while now, he's been helping make his own sandwiches, sometimes cheese and Club cracker but mostly PB&J. Yesterday he made his own sandwich. Now, before you accuse me of not paying attention, he did ask me to open the peanut butter and I assumed that sooner or later he'd ask me to open the jelly. I mean, it only made sense.


Yep. That's a triple decker (club?) peanut butter, M&M (dark chocolate!) club cracker sandwich. And, don't mess with the process -- 3 applications of peanut butter equals:

Don't ask, because there is NO chance that I scrubbed the sink and put those knives back in before taking the photo so you wouldn't know how dirty my sink was (is?). Nope, I would never do that. After all, am I my mother? My aunt? My granny?? How has this happened??? The only thing to do:


There it is. My shame for the whole world to see. Oh well, no one ever died from a dirty sink. At least, not that I've read.

Comments