It's your civic duty

I voted. I voted for Barack Obama. I voted for change and hope and a cleaner, smarter, stronger world with less debt for Suzy and Harry. I have no guarantee that a President Obama will do these things better than a President McCain would, but, as is required, I voted my conscience. I voted for the person I believe in. I voted for the person who I think can make the most difference.

But, most importantly, I voted. Republican, democrat, green, libertarian, write-in - it's your civic duty. If you don't vote, you don't have any advantage over those who can't. If you don't vote, you don't have any right to complain. This is your chance. And, you think 1 vote doesn't matter? Ask me about the election I didn't vote in (Harry was born on election day, 4 weeks early, no absentee ballot), trust me, your vote counts. Your vote makes a difference. Your vote is as important as mine.

So, I voted. Did you?

Comments