Giving thanks.

It's been my favorite holiday since:



  • It was cold (really cold) and Pete made a turkey on the weber (circa 2006)

  • Pete got just a little drunk at my parent's house (circa 1996)

  • We all wore flannel shirts (circa 1992)

  • We could just stay home (circa 1980something)


And there aren't any presents. And lots of complex carbohydrates. And turkey. And we rotate - this year my family, next year Pete's. So, no holiday in the car. And a little football thrown in for funsies. I'm thankful for all of that. So thankful that this year, I'm going to do it: I'm going to make my own crust.


And I'm thankful for Suzy and Harry. For what they have taught us, for the excuse to buy legos, for the never ending pile of laundry, the extra body heat on a cold night and all the things yet to come. Even if I complain about them. Or step on them while barefoot. Really. I'm thankful. For you, too.


Happy Thanksgiving, I hope you like it as much as I do.


Photo credit to Harry!

PS - I'd say I'm thankful for a girl who usually sleeps from 10-4, but who wants to jinx that?

Comments