Shoes.

Suzy is in the middle of what I really hope is the shortest phase ever. It goes something like this: she gets an idea. She makes a decision. She starts to take action. Something gets in the way (something like, no you cannot have cookies for dinner. or yes, Harry is allowed to sit on the couch. or no I won't pay $44 for an umbrella with roses on it even if you say 'pretty pretty super ooper duper please' 3 times) and she melts down. Lately, this has been happening at the sitter's house at lunch time. She won't eat. She cries and says, 'I want my mom!' And, really, I weep for the girl because I know exactly how she feels.

Harry is totally annoying on the couch. His legs take up all the room. He hogs the blanket. And the remote. It's better to go to the park where he pushes Suzy on the swings and comes to sit by me and this happens.


And yes, internet, I know I have just posted a silly picture of dirty shoes that are really more stinky than you'd think a 3 year old can make them, but they are sort of exactly how I feel today. The world is filled with shoes. You can either keep wearing the ones you always wear, or you can try someone else's. Or better yet, make your own. All things told, even with the nicks and scrapes and dirt and stink, my shoes are pretty awesome these days.





Comments