Funny face

When Harry was born, Anna told us about the theory that infants only smile to help ensure that their parents can endure the crying, interrupted sleep and other unpleasantness of early parenthood. Everyone likes cute pictures of babies, but they make such funny faces and I think it's a shame not to capture some of those. Of course, these are the same pictures that will make them crazy in teenage years, but it makes up for the current parental madness.

Lately, when reading some library blogs, I've been thinking that while web 2.0 technologies are really great, it would be even better to have people talking about how libraries (and other people) are actually using these things. Don't get me wrong, I really like blogs and for a long time I thought about writing one, but I never seemed to have enough material until well, you know, a few weeks ago. So, the question isn't why should we use blogs and RSS and social tagging, but how should we use them and what is the benefit - either to the bottom line or the user?

PS - Pete, Birger, Gretchen, Sarah - so nice to have lunch today. Susie, how did I forget to take a picture of you and Suzy??? Maria, thanks for the visit and adorable outfits.

Comments