IOU

A mountain of photos from our trip to er, the mountains. I only sort of meant to do that. You know, I do like language. And funny little puns and usage things and the like.

Anyway, we had a lovely trip. It was fun to see Dan and company and Allan and meet Kathy and all the ridiculously tall kids and Heather and Sean. Sean's family was so wonderfully hospitable that I may have thought that Heather would wind up with pretty decent in-laws but we're not going to talk about that now. Right, Heather?

Suzy was a dream on the plane; a little fussing, mostly about me getting the puffs into her mouth fast enough followed by a lot of sleeping. Harry was happily entertained by all the diversions, although I am here to tell you, just in case you were wondering, Legos are NOT an ideal airplane activity. After collecting up all our Legos from our pleasant Midwest Airlines flight I mean our horribly average Republic Air flight we had a nice drive through the mountains, a fun train ride (that Harry slept through and Suzy loved), a swim in a hot springs pool, a ride up Vail Mountain, stood over the continental divide , visited the Colorado Railroad Museum (during which some of us may have knitted/napped in the shade while others looked at ALL of the trains), had a much shorter visit over at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum, rode an Alpine Coaster, visited Buffalo Bill, and a few other things thrown in for good measure.

I promise to drag the photos off the camera tomorrow after the Great Circus Parade. No, don't even ask. I'm not afraid of the clowns. I'm not thinking of them at all. I wasn't even a little bit afraid to go to bed. Nope, not one bit.


Photo credits: Sarah Hooks

Comments