25 things

My new friend Faith tagged me on Facebook(ha! i typo'd Racebook - maybe we should start that) with the 25 things memo. Simply, you write 25 things about yourself and then tag a bunch of your friends and they do the same thing. I guess it's sort of the modern day version of a slam book.

1. I took piano lessons from the second grade until my junior year of college. I said this in a previous post, but want to repeat it here, since Faith and I met with the piano playing: "I don't play by ear, and I'm ok with that. I just can't hear the next chord or the next interval. But, I can sight-read the pants off you. Really. Try me sometime." Come to think of it, the piano playing is how Joanne and I found each other, which of course, is how Pete and I found each other. I guess those years of lessons paid off more than we thought.

2. I have big hands and long feet. My ring size for my ring finger is a 10, and my shoe size is a 12. The same as Pete's. (And Birger's. Both of whom have put on my shoes. Ha!)

3. I really like my job. I like the sales people - well, most of them. I feel like I'm making a difference, even though I'm at a big Fortune 500 company. I do plenty of whining and complaining, but I really like my job.

4. Right after Harry was born, Mom said to me, 'calm parents have calm children'. I try really hard to be calm. I know it doesn't always work, but most of the time I'm thinking 'I am calm, confident and collected.' I know, but I try.

5. I own 7 copies of Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass. I usually look for the title at used bookstores and if the book appeals to me I buy it. I'm sure some of you would argue that I've never had trouble 'sounding my barbaric yawp', but I think it's important to have the reminder around. Let me know if you need to borrow a copy.

6. I took many many many years of German and remember very few verbs. It makes for difficult conversations. I wish I remembered more and had more time to work on it, since my German word of the day email subscription doesn't seem to be doing the job. Kartoffelsalad to you too.

7. I've never been Daisy's alpha dog. My mom named her and was her first alpha dog. And then Pete took over. Granny fed her toast and jam in the puppy years. It was a good time to get a puppy - I lived at home and was going to graduate school, Granny was there with Daisy all day. They were pals. When I look at Daisy now, I think of Granny. Especially now that Daisy is 12 and slowing down.

8. I love musicals. I like to watch them. I like to listen to the songs (and sing along) in the car. I like to play the songs on the piano.

9. My favorite color is yellow. Bright sunshiney yellow, soft butter yellow, Ferrari yellow, etc. It's just bright and happy. And I buy Pete yellow shirts. And Harry. And my parents house is yellow.

10. I'm sick of writing this list.

11. I wish Skip hadn't moved to Florida. We liked him around. He was helpful in the kitchen. And made snarky comments.

12. This year instead of new year's resolutions, Pete and I shared 1 tiny thing that the other could do to make us happier in the new year. I like this idea. And it's working. (I know it's only the 6th).

13. Suzy can't handle cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, ice cream, yogurt, tomato sauce, peppers, cabbage, cauliflower or broccoli. It's kind of a pain since I like those things.

14. I'm sick of writing this list.

15. I'm sick of writing this list.

16. If I had been a boy, they would have named me Matthew.

17. I'm sick of writing this list.

18. My high school locker number was 2169 and the combination was 36-14-36. Jenny's combination was 0-10-20.

19. I'm sick of writing this list.

20. While I love Mr. Darcy, I mean, really love Mr. Darcy, I'd probably pick Stripes and Caddyshack over Pride and Prejudice.

21. I worry that Harry and Suzy are too far apart in age to be good friends like Dan and I were.

22. I'm sick of writing this list.

23. May 15, 2009 will be our 10 year anniversary. There are days that it feels like a million years and there are days that it feels like a second.

24. I'm sick of writing this list.

25. I'm done now.

Comments