2 months

Yes, this little girl is really 2 months old. (Of course, she should only be 1 month old, but we're not going to talk about that anymore.)





And, for the record, here's the list of other things we're not going to talk about:


  • Harry weighs 52.5 lbs. And I still carry him.

  • The insurance company that some how cancelled Suzy as a dependent on my policy and sent a statement of benefits with my responsibility to provider at roughly $29,000 (yes, that's US dollars) and another one the next day with my responsibility to provider at roughly $4,700. Apparently I didn't call to get the hospital stay approved, which was my responsibility if the hospital or the doctor didn't do same. It was the first thing on my mind, since I wasn't worried about the girl learning how to breathe or the boy who had been without his mom at home for a week. So, we're not going to talk about the fact that I want socialized medicine and I want it now. Actually, I'd really like it yesterday, thank you very much President-Elect Obama.

  • The out of network doctors who practice at the in network hospital. How in the hell am I supposed to keep that straight? OK, I promise, we're not going to not talk about health care anymore. Not even the $24,000 bill for my stay and the fact that 30% of bills go straight to insurance company profits according to the PBS special that aired last fall.

  • The 22 days left of the Christmas shopping season. The list is made, some have been acquired and there are some funds and ideas missing.

  • The alarming news that my mother is not making cookies this year. I don't begrudge her the break, but I really don't want to have to make the chocolate covered cherry cookies. Then again, maybe my pants will fit after New Year.

  • The 5 shots that the baby stabber a.k.a. nurse delivered to my children today. 2 for the boy, 3 for the girl.

  • The number of cuts in my budget. Or the fact that I'm trying to convince myself that this is an opportunity and I'll learn something from this exercise.

  • This is on my Santa list and am really hoping that someone buys it for me.

How's that for a list?

Comments