Was it you?

Someone taught this girl how to cry. I mean, really cry. Loud. Wailing. And, she sounds just like Harry did. However, the oddest thing is happening - when she cries, I get calmer. When she wakes up at night, it's okay. With Harry, the crying made me crazy; he couldn't tell me what the problem was, there was just the crying. When he woke up at night, it seemed abusive. I spent a lot of time telling him, 'You are not efficient!' And it really made me nuts.


Some of this is due to the fact that Pete and I really aren't baby people. We of course love Harry and Suzy and enjoy their baby-ness, but when other babies come around we don't need to hold them. We don't stop strangers in public places to talk to them about their babies. The other reason for this uncharacteristic zen-like calmness is the fact that we are done having babies. This is it. 1 boy, 1 girl. No more.

None.












Comments