Cooking shows

Turns out Harry likes cooking shows almost as much as he likes cartoons. We made chili today (it's on the stove now - nice to know that dinner is taken care of) and when we were done he asked if we could watch tv where they were in the kitchen chopping. It took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about, but we watched a nice lady make sesame orange pork chops.

Today I am halfway through my maternity leave. I'm enjoying being home with Harry and Suzy, but I have to admit that my brain is starting to tick again. I'm back to Morning Edition and All Things Considered and today while I was feeding Suzy, I read 'The Week' instead of my trashy novel. Nothing against trashy novels, as I enjoy them with greater frequency than I'd like to admit. Let me know if you need suggestions, I won't tell anyone you asked.

Meanwhile, I heard a sound clip of a Barack Obama speech today where he quoted the Reagan campaign with 'are you better off than you were 4 years ago', which got me thinking about what I was doing in a library 4 years ago. Most companies/employers are good at making you think about what you did in the last year and what you'll do next year, but it seems to me every once in a while, it probably pays to take a look further back. There may be an idea to repurpose, or maybe even one who's time has come.

PS - Scott, thanks for the pink HD wear. Mrs. Lyman, thanks for the great outfit and Harry's shirt. Parkers, thanks for dinner, dessert, snacks and the adorable outfit. Granny, thanks for lunch!
PPS - It's bugging me - I don't know if I used the right who's/whose there and am too lazy to look it up. Anyone??

Comments