Nicknames

My mom calls me 'cupcake' sometimes. It's a nice little name and since cupcakes are seeing a new level of popularity, it's just confirming the feeling that we've always been with it - the rest of the world has been behind.

We've got a few names for Harry, but I'm afraid that our poor girl is stuck somewhere between 'puppy' and 'garbage disposal'.

Why puppy? I'm not sure, I just started and it stuck.

But, wait. What's that you say? Why garbage disposal?

Well. Let me tell you what she ate last Sunday for 'dinner' (please note that dinner isn't really a meal for her, more like a 2 hour eating experience. Think Vegas buffet in the Larson kitchen. Every night.):*

1. Sweet potatoes
2. Applesauce
3. Puffs: cheerio type and yogurt
4. 2 bites Lemony Goat Cheese Zucchini Pizza
5. 3 bites portabello mushroom
6. Several pieces of zuchhini
7. Raspberries (she crawls over to the bushes and yells until you shove them in her mouth)
8. Home made ice cream. As much as Grandma would shove in, as fast as possible, with kicking and moaning in between.

On Monday, the baby sitter said to me, 'I'm not sure what you fed her, but that poop... it was the wierdest baby poop I've ever seen.' I bet.

Last night she took a bite of my turkey burger. And, figured out how to use a straw - filled with Pete's chocolate malt. So, who wouldn't call such a baby 'garbage disposal'?

*that's some odd looking punctuation up there, no?

Comments